Tuesday, December 15, 2009
This is my first entry for ICC. Im really happy it was a simple recipe. I have eaten Chegodilu in Bangalore, we get it in many bakery shops, but I never knew their name. We(My friends and me) used to call this as ring murukku.
This is a very crunchy snack, and it got over in a jiffy. Thanks to Srivalli to teach me this wonderful snack.
Rice flour - 1 cup
Moong dal - 2 tbsp
Water - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Sesame seeds - 1-1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1-1/2 tsp
Salt and oil as required
1. Soak the moong dal in water for 30 minutes.
2. Boil water in a pan, then add salt, moong dal and ghee.
3. When water comes to a boil, add rice flour little at a time and using a ladle keep stirring continously.
4. Remove from heat and cover it with a lid for 15 minutes.
5. Once the dough is cool, add the remaining ingredients(chilli, sesame n cumin) except oil and knead well.
6. Grease your palms with oil. Make small balls of the dough and roll them like a thread and join the ends together to form a circle.
7. Fry them in hot oil till they get a golden brown color.
Serve hot with tea/coffee.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Yes, I received an award from Vicky of Viki's kitchen. Vicky needs no introduction from me. Her cooking skills are well known(very famous blogger) in the blogging world. She is so generous in gifting me this award and appreciating my cooking.. It's really a great honour to get an award from an experienced cook like her. Vicky's blog has a good collection of veg and non-veg cusinie. All those non-veg fans, you know what to type to find a NV recipe.
My friend Krishnasri, will also be blogging with me starting today. She is a very good cook and excels in preparing all kinds of cuisines. Her love for cooking started when she was in 8th standard. So you see, she has lot of experience.. and has tried, tested and tasted many recipes. Im so happy to welcome Krishnasri in this blogging world again.