Own version of chewy bars. Chewy bars are something I love to eat. Thought of making one for kids. This one comes in a package. I mean, chocolate and walnut-museli or cornflakes combo. Kids will love the chocolate, and you'll be delighted to make them eat nuts and cereals. You can alter the recipe as per your palate. I have used the ingredients available in my kitchen.
Corn flakes / Oats /Muesli - 1 cup
Walnuts - 1/4 cup, chopped
Chocolate chip - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
1. Using a double boiler or microwave, melt the chocolate. Click here to know the details.
2. Once the chocolate melts, add muesli(Oats/Cornflakes).
3. Stir well and add milk a little at a time. Keep stirring at frequent intervals.
4. Add the walnuts and stir well for a minute or so until you get a perfect blend of all the ingredients.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Place these on a parchment paper or greased plate and refrigate it for 30 minutes. You can also mould them in a silver foil and refrigate it for 30 minutes.
Serve cold with milk or as a dessert.
Walnuts are a delicious way to add extra nutrition, flavor and crunch to a meal. Adding walnuts to your diet can be an important step in improving your cardiovascular health. To lower your risk of cardiovascular and coronary heart disease, enjoy a handful of walnuts, or other antioxidant-rich nuts, at least 4 times a week. To learn more about walnut nutrition and health benefits, click here.
This is my entry for CFK -chocolates hosted by Hema of salt2taste.blogspot.com and Sharmi of http://www.neivedyam.com/ who initiated the CFK event.