Wednesday, August 19, 2009
You got it right. It is aloo palak rice. Well, not many like palak and many like potato. This recipe is just a way to make people eat spinach. Potato makes this palak rice more yummy.
If all our likes were similar, individuality wouldnt exist. - Anonymous.
Rice - 2 cup
Potato - 1 medium sized boiled and chopped
Spinach - 1 1/2 cup
Onion - 1/2 chopped lenghtwise
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Chilly powder - 1 Tsp
Coriander powder - 1 Tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 Tsp
salt as per taste
Oil - for frying
1. Cook rice with 4 cups water and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. Once it splutters, add cumin seeds.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and saute well. Stir fry until onion becomes translucent.
4. Add chilly powder, coriander powder and garam masala and stir well for 2 minutes.
5. Add the potato and stir for 2 minutes. Now add spinach and stir every 2 minutes till cooked.
6. Remove from heat. Add rice and mix well. Close the lid and let it sit for 3 minutes.
Serve hot with curd and pickle.
Spinach is a health food par excellence. Spinach is loaded with many antioxidants an minerals. Though many people dont like it, its one of the healthiest vegetables.