Monday, August 17, 2009
It's a 100% oats roti. Never experimented much with oats. Ran out of wheat flour, had to cook something for the palak sabzi. Oats came in handy.
Obviously, the highest type of efficiency is that which can utilize existing material to the best advantage. - Jawaharlal Nehru.
Oats - 3 cup
Onion - 1 finely chopped
Cumin Seeds - 1 Tsp
Coriander powder - 1 Tsp
Chilly powder - 1 Tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil - 1 Tsp
1. Grind the oats in the mixer. Do not add water.
2. In a pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds. Saute till you get the aroma.
3. Add onion, chilly powder, coriander powder and salt. Saute till onion is translucent.
4. Add this mixture in the oats four. After 5 minutes, mix the onion and flour well.
5. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Now add very little water and knead the dough.
6. Make small balls and roll it like a chappati. Use wheat flour while rolling.
7. Heat the griddle. Put the oats chappati gently and let it cook for a minute on both sides. Cook for another minute if not cooked well. Apply little oil on both sides if required.
Serve hot with any side dish.
Oats, well, we all are hooked to it for healthy reasons. Need I say more.
This is just another way of enjoying your healthy oats.