Saturday, August 22, 2009
This is another innovative recipe. We had to come up with something to eat the celery. Teamed it up with other 'salad' veggies, got bored of it. It's always good to experiment with cooking, cos you never know something you cooked might turn out to be your favorite. Keep trying with your cooking, cos only when you do, you learn to cook.
Try and fail, but don't fail to try - Stephen Kaggwa
Celery - 1 cup finely chopped
Eggs - 3
Onion - 1/2 finely chopped
Green chillies - 5 finely chopped
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 Tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder - 1 tsp(optional)
Salt as per taste
Oil - 2 Tsp
1. Heat the oil, add mustard seeds. Once it splutters add cumin seeds and saute for a minute.
2. Add the green chillies and onion and saute till the onion is translucent.
3. Add the CTC powders, salt and stir till the raw smell goes.
4. Add Celery and let it ooze out excess water. Keep stirring every couple of minutes.
5. Beat 3 eggs and keep stirring. Eggs will cook with the celery water.
Serve hot as a snack, or an accompaniment to chappati.
Tip : You can add tomato sauce or buffalo sauce to add more flavours.
Note : You can add more salt and chilly powder and/or green chilly, as celery oozes out lot of water.
Celery is loaded with nutrients, plus its low in saturated fat and very low in cholestrol.
Eggs are a good source of protiens.