It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere. - Agnes
Rice - 1 cup
Juice of a big lemon
Red chillies - 5
Channa dal - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Peanuts - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida - as per taste
Salt as per taste
Oil - 1 Tsp
1. Cook rice and set aside.
2. In a small pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
3. Once they splutter, add red chillies, and saute till they turn brownish black.
4. Add channa dal, urad dal and peanuts and saute for a minute or till the peanuts are cooked.
5. Add asafoetida, turmeric powder and mix well.
6. Add the lemon juice and saute for 2 mins.
7. Remove from heat and mix with the rice.
Serve hot with pickle or chutney.
Low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium
High in Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Calcium, Potassium, Iron among others
Lemons are ideal for maintaining an optimum health and weight loss.