Wisdom stands at the turn in the road and calls upon us publicly, but we consider it false and despise its adherents. - Kahlil Gibran
1 pack Mushroom - 500 gms appx
Onion - 1 cut lengthwise
Tomato - 1 medium sized
Garlic - 5 pods crushed
Salt and oil as required
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and urad dal and let it splutter.
2. Add crushed garlic and saute till it turns light brown. Add onions and fry for 5-7 minutes.
3. Now add the tomato and stir well. Add mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes. Cover it with a lid for another 3 minutes on low flame.
4. Add the masalas and salt and stir until the raw smell goes.
5. Add a cup of water and stir well. Cover with the lid for 5 minutes or till the mushrooms are cooked.
Serve hot with roti or chappati.
Mushrooms are very low in saturated fat and contain no cholestrol. Have a good amount of dietary fiber, iron, Vitamin C and zinc.
In 2009, a large case-control study of woman, revealed that women who consumed mushrooms had approximately 50% lower incidence of breast cancer, while those who consumed mushrooms and green tea had a 90% lower incidence.
Source : wikipedia