Curd - 1/2 cup
Onions - 1 finely chopped
Tomato - 1 finely chopped or pureed
Cumin seeds/jeera - 1 tsp
Coriander power - 1 tsp
Chilly powder - 2 tsps
Salt and oil as required.
1. Boil the grated cabbage in water. Add little salt and water should be just enough till it covers the cabbage. Remove from heat once the cabbage is soft, this will take appx. 5-7 minutes.
2। Filter the cabbage using a colander and transfer the cabbage to a muslin cloth. Squeeze out to remove the excess water.3. In a bowl, add the cabbage, potato, salt and chilly powder and mix well. Sprinkle the besan little at a time and mix well. You can make round koftas and place it on a plate.
4. Heat oil in a kadhai, and fry the koftas till they turn brown. Place the koftas in a tissue paper to soak excess oil.
5. In a pan, add little oil and the cumin seeds. Saute for a minute and add the onions.
6. Once the onions turn brown, add tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
7. Add chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala(optional) and saute till the raw smell goes.
8. Pour 2 cups water and let it boil.
9. Beat the curd and pour it when the water is boiling. Stir well for a minute.
10. Add the koftas and let the curry simmer for few minutes.
11. Remove from heat once the koftas are soaked well in the curry.
Serve hot with roti, puri or naan.
Cabbage and potaoes together have all the nutrients required for maintaining optimal health. If potatoes add weight, cabbage negates it, as it is a very good vegetable for weight loss. This is one good combination you can try anytime. Try these as a vegetable curry, or make a aloo gobi paratha, if nothing else works, then atleast try these as koftas. Bet you'll love these as much as I do.