1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons brown sugar (dark or light)
1 teaspoon grated ginger
7 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup milk (lowfat is OK)
2 tablespoons yogurt or milk
1 teaspoon high-quality vanilla extract
1 cup frozen blueberries tossed in 1 teaspoon flour
1 cup rolled oats
1. Preheat your oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat, with parchment, or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, 1/2 cup oats, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, and ginger.
3. Cut the butter into the flour mixture using a pastry blender, two knives, or your fingers.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, the egg, the yogurt (or additional milk), and the vanilla extract.
5. Add the liquid mixture to the flour-butter mixture, and stir until just combined. Stir in the blueberries.
6. Make round balls of the dough and coat them with Oats and place it in the baking sheet
7. Bake the scones for 12-15 minutes, or until they are light golden brown. Serve warm.
Blueberries are packed with antioxidants. Oats are a good source of dietary fiber. Eating oats makes you feel fuller and less hungry. It eventually leads to weight loss.