Cabbage - 1/2 chopped
Onion - 1 chopped lengthwise
Besan/gramflour - 1/4 cup
Urad dal - 1 Tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Salt and oil as required
1. Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds.
2. When the mustard seeds splutter, add urad dal and cumin seeds and saute for a minute.
3. Add the onion and fry till the onion are cooked.
4. Once the onions turn brown in color, add garam masala, chilli powder, turmeric and salt.
5. Saute till the masalas are cooked well and then add the cabbage.
6. Saute the cabbage for 5 minutes at frequent intervals.
7. Sprinkle little besan at a time and saute well for another 4 minutes.
8. Pour little water and let the cabbage cook.
9. Saute the cabbage at regular intervals till its cooked well.
Serve hot with roti or rice.
Tip: You can skip the water part and saute for some more time to get a crunchier cabbage masala. Tastes good both the ways.
Cabbage is the best vegetable to eat if you are on a weight loss diet. The reason being very calories and less fat as compared to other vegetables. Now we know why they call it, dieter's friend.