Kasoori methi - 1/2 cup
Wheat flour - 4 cups
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Salt and oil as required
1. In a bowl, add all the above ingredients and knead well using little water at a time.
2. Once the dough is pliable, add little oil and knead again for 2 minutes.
3. Rest the dough for atleast 15 minutes.
4. Make round balls of equal size and roll into thin paranthas.
5. Cook the parathas on the skillet on both the sides. Apply oil on both sides.
Serve hot with curd, raitha or pickle.
Indian Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicine recommend fenugreek to treat arthritis and bronchitis, induce labor, improve digestion, and maintain a healthy metabolism. Fenugreek also has a long history of use for treatment of reproductive disorders in women. Recent studies have shown that fenugreek helps lower blood glucose levels, and may be an effective treatment for both type 1 and 2 diabetes.
Fenugreek is also being studied for its cardiovascular benefits. Researchers in India found people who took 2 ounces of fenugreek seed each day had significantly (around 14 percent) lower cholesterol levels after 24 weeks, and had lowered their risk of heart attack by more than 25 percent. The same study showed that participants with type 2 diabetes had significantly lower blood sugar levels after eating fenugreek. To know more benefits of fenugreek, click here.