Whole Urad Dal - 2 cups
Pepper - 1 tsp
Onion - 1 finely chopped
Salt and Oil as required
1. Soak the urad dal for 15 minutes.
2. Add pepper and grind the urad dal in a grinder/blender. Use very little water while grinding.
3. Add salt and onions and mix well.
4. Pour enough oil in a pan and heat it well. You can pour the batter using a spoon or grease your hands with oil and take a little batter, shape it like a doughnut and carefully put in the oil.
5. Cook on both the sides. Repeat the same until all the vadas are done.
Serve hot with chutney, sambar or curd.