Tuesday, December 15, 2009
This is my first entry for ICC. Im really happy it was a simple recipe. I have eaten Chegodilu in Bangalore, we get it in many bakery shops, but I never knew their name. We(My friends and me) used to call this as ring murukku.
This is a very crunchy snack, and it got over in a jiffy. Thanks to Srivalli to teach me this wonderful snack.
Rice flour - 1 cup
Moong dal - 2 tbsp
Water - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Sesame seeds - 1-1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1-1/2 tsp
Salt and oil as required
1. Soak the moong dal in water for 30 minutes.
2. Boil water in a pan, then add salt, moong dal and ghee.
3. When water comes to a boil, add rice flour little at a time and using a ladle keep stirring continously.
4. Remove from heat and cover it with a lid for 15 minutes.
5. Once the dough is cool, add the remaining ingredients(chilli, sesame n cumin) except oil and knead well.
6. Grease your palms with oil. Make small balls of the dough and roll them like a thread and join the ends together to form a circle.
7. Fry them in hot oil till they get a golden brown color.
Serve hot with tea/coffee.