Had made this egg kurma on Sunday, but updating it today. Better late, than never. :) This egg kurma is a favorite at home. It's a simple and easy recipe which tastes divine. Try it to believe it.
Eggs - 6
Onion - 2 finely diced
Tomato - 1 finely diced
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Chicken masala - 1 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp apprx.
Cinnamon - 1 round stick
Cardamom - 1
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Fennel seeds/Saunf - 1 tsp
Coconut - 1 cup
Pepper - 2 tsp
1. Heat oil and fry all the things under 'Grind' for 4-5 minutes. You can stop when you get a good smell of all the spices, coconut becomes brown in color.
2. Let it cool and grind it to a fine paste using water as required.
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
4. Add onions and cook them well.
5. Once onions are cooked, add chilli, turmeric, chicken masala and coriander powder and saute well for 3 minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes and cook till they get blended well with the onion paste.
7. Add the coconut paste and saute well for another 5-7 minutes.
8. Add salt and check for the taste, add masalas if required and cook well.
9. Add 1 cup water let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
10. Put the boiled eggs and let it cook for another 5 minutes in low flame.
Serve hot with rice, dosa or paratha.