Rice flour - 2 1/2 cups
Urad dal flour - 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds/jeera- 1 tsp
Sesame seeds/yellu/til - 2 tsp
Asofoetida/hing - 1/4 tsp
Salt and Oil as required
1. Soak the rice for 30 minutes and dry it on a cloth for 10 minutes. Dry grind it and sieve it.
2. Dry roast the urad dal for 5 minutes till it turns golden brown. Once it cools, dry grind.
3. Mix all the ingredients(except oil), add little water at a time to make a soft dough.
4. Make round balls apprx the size of a marble and place it in a dry cloth or tissue paper.
5. Fry a handful at a time on medium to low heat till they turn yellow or brown. Once the seedais are cooked, the bubbles will disappear and the seedais will float up on the oil.
Store it in air tight containers.
Uppu seedai is a good munch which pleases the Lord Krishna. After eating the seedai, you'll know why Lord Krishna has chosen Seedai as a offering to him. Still guessing... try this recipe and you'll know. :)